Here is a fun reflective exercise to review your accomplishments in 2019 and 3 journaling prompts to prepare for the New Year!
REVIEW YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR 2019:
1. Go through your calendar, planner, diary etc to see your major events, happenings each month. Make sure to include all areas of your life: personal, professional.
2. Using your journal or blank paper, make a chart with 12 boxes and list the major events in each month.
3. Look through the year, do you notice any themes, anything you're surprised about? Maybe you see how much you accomplished in one area? Or maybe you notice a theme that you don't want to repeat next year? Jot down words, thoughts, anything you realize here in looking back on all that you've done.
3 JOURNALING PROMPTS TO MAKE 2020 YOUR YEAR!
1. How do you want to FEEL in 2020?
Oftentimes people talk about tangible goals and projects and habits for their new year's resolutions. And that's great! In addition to that, I like to ask you how do you want to feel in the new year? Do you want it to feel new all year? Do you want to feel energized, excited, calm, rejuvenated, clear, mischievous? Throw bunch of words down on a page or write whole sentences, whatever speaks to you!
2. What is you WORD for next year?
After that feelings-dump exercise above, choose ONE word for your Word of the Year! I realize it may not be easy to choose just one. But I strongly encourage you to do so, as it forces clarity of focus. If you want to, you could choose one main word and one secondary word.
3. What is one overarching GOAL or VISION you'd like to reach for or challenge yourself to in 2020?
Choose a larger vision or goal for the entire year. Think of it as more 'forest for the trees' type of vision. Maybe it's:
Focusing more on self-care
Changing the direction of my career path from X to Y
Figuring out my creative path and how it intersects and aligns with my volunteer work
Clearing out clutter in my life, starting with my physical space, getting to the root of it
Let me know how it goes in the comment below or write me at shiuan at shiuan butler dot com!